Monday, January 31, 2011

The Nut Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree

I remember a story that Mom told me.  When she was about 11 her Grandmother taught her how to crochet.  She almost wore the thread out because she was told to take it out, do it over and do it right.  I've been thinking about this as I've tried to learn how to make a piece of jewelry from a magazine article.  You have to know first that I have never been able to bake because of my dyslexia. I've had the same problems with this project.

So my sister said to copy the steps and put them in order.  Picking up one step at a time helped some but I still have problems getting the correct number of colors in a row.  At least I'm not confusing the rows.  

I can't remember how many pieces I've started and taken apart.  You can only do this so many times and then the fireline begins to wear.  Mom would scowl at me if I made something with weak thread, I'm sure of that.  I do have 2 sections together and now started on the 3rd for the 3rd time.  Each time I make a mistake I cut off another yard and a half of thread.  The thread alone is going to break my budget.

This project reminds me of the first time I tried to balance my check book.  I spent all night trying to find 4 cents.  I did!  And so I will concur this hurdle also!